Wednesday, April 18, 2007

You know your car is filthy when...

An old mamzee walks out of what used to be taxi (it was a really beat down mini bus taxi), walks past your car and says "Hoooo sies!". Never mind that I was sitting in my little car when she said that. And it is not my fault that EVERY bird in Sea Point has decided to turn my car into their toilet. So, I got home and dragged house-mate and fellow drinker downstairs to help me wash that car.

Had a voice lesson with piano teacher (she is a woman of many talents). My last voice teacher was a little hectic. She wanted me to have 'classical' training before we could move on to the Jazz. I found myself sounding a little like Bette Midler and Abigail Khubeka (excuse spelling), instead of sounding like little ol' me. I just want to learn all the techniques that will help me strengthen my voice that's all! Toady's lesson was good, although it started out a little weird. It's not easy walking into somebody's house and then just start belting a song by Etta James. But once we got over the awkward-ness it was all good.

'Stumbled' across and ad for a band looking for a singer... Hmmm. Should I or shouldn't I? I could really use the experience... But what about Black Porcelain? Oh shucks! I'm too afraid to call them anyway. Maybe I should just do it. I have nothing to lose either way... I can still be Black Porcelain and gain some experience from the band right? Okay, okay... I'll call this band tomorrow and then we can take it from there.

It's time for my glass of whiskey... YAY!!!!!