Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Screw instant gratification!!!!!

It's bullshit and it makes you lazy!!! Two very important things happened today...

First important thing:
I'm not releasing my EP this month (May), in fact it might not happen this year. Why you may ask? Because I'm not ready. I mean, I'm ready to make music. I'm just not ready for it to be released yet. In this age of instant gratification and mediocrity it's easy for a lass like myself to get caught up in the madness. Thankfully good ol' common sense and honesty always seems to prevail with me. My four finished tracks are in my opinion crap! People that have heard them like them but I DON'T! When I did them I was trying to find myself musically... I made that music as a demo for myself. I now know what I sound like and that I can write music and now I'm ready to make music that will be a decent introduction.

My whole life has been about instant gratification... Guess that's why I'm bad at relationships! I want to do right by music and by me (not sure if that makes sense ). Music is the only man in my life. I think I deserve to take it slow, like John Legend's "Ordinary people"... God, I'm cheesy LOL! We (music and I) need to get to know each other before we go public with our relationship. So you will all have to wait a while. I promise it will be worth the wait.

Second important thing:
I'm sick as a dog and I HATE it. I've been ignoring the symptoms of the dreaded Flu for a while now. Tried some "get well quick meds" but like I said before instant gratification is bullshit. So I'll have to go to the Doctor. I'm such a cry baby. I HATE being sick, so Marcee is on stand by with tissues. Too bad she doesn't have any hard liquor to offer LOL.

Do you agree with my decision? Just wondering... I know it's mine to make but I'd still like to know what you are thinking.