Saturday, May 26, 2007

2 AMAZING days!!

On Friday I attended Africa day celebrations at the Artscape. The show was great, except there were a couple of people sitting behind me who insisted on talking through the whole thing. OH!! And... Marcee broke her zip while we were in the ladies. LMAO! She didn't want to come out of the bathroom until she had fixed it. Poor girl! I finally convinced her to come out of the stall and cover her 'open fly' with her bag. She was super embarrassed.

That was not what made Friday amazing. After the show I interviewed Neo Muyanga. I couldn't believe it, but you know I had to keep my cool because I was on the job. What a nice guy that Neo. So intelligent, so talented, so gentle, so humble, so... so... Uhmmm, where was I? Oh yes, the interview! The interview went very well. I'm becoming quite the 'journo' ha ha ha. Pity I'll have to give all that up when I become a full time Muso.

Today was also an amazing day. Met up with my wonderful Piano teacher and played her my new song. She said it was great and taught me more 'techniques' that can help me write better songs. I actually feel like I've been writing baby songs and my latest song is my first 'adolescent' song. I'll be writing 'grown up songs' in no time.

I can't believe how far I've come. I feel like I've grown so much in the past couple of months. The past two days have been AMAZING!!! I'm drinking Champagne as I type this, so please forgive any typos :)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.