Thursday, May 31, 2007

I'm an African

And so proud of it. Today I was wearing my fave Tee that says 'I love Africa'. I don't just love being a South African. I love being an African and I don't for one minute think that I am 'separate' from the rest of Africa. I don't know how many times I've heard some of my fellow South AFRICANS say things like: "this is _____, he is from Africa" or "I'd love to go to Africa"... Uhmmm okay I'm sure '___' comes from a country with a name, like Central African Republic or Tanzania. Where in Africa would you like to go my friend? Seeing as how you are already in Africa, maybe you don't have to go anywhere.

So, my friends... Why not learn more about Africa? You know, become part of the African continent. While on my vegetarian 'experiment', I'm going to buy a book by an African author and expand my mind :) I'm not saying go out there and learn the names of all the countries on this lovely continent (which might not be a bad idea), but learn something about our brothers that we share this lovely (sometimes heart breaking) continent of ours.

This is a short post because, it's late, I've got waaaaayyy too much work to do and I NEED some beauty sleep.