Thursday, May 3, 2007

Would you mind seeing THIS on a billboard?

*Question is posed at the end of the post*
Okay, so while I was at home I spent a little bit of time with my little brother J. We have a really great relationship and I adore the little guy. He's actually not little, he turns 18 in October. Anyway, we were sitting in his room and he said something very interesting.

You, see I have a bit of a 'gap' between my two front teeth. It's all genetic and not a side-effect of anything really. My mom has it, my fathers mom and sisters have it too so it would only be right for me to have one. My dad and brothers do not have a gap... Of course life is so hard for men, why make it harder by passing on the 'gap-gene'? I've never really seen anything wrong with it really. It's always been part of me, like the fact that I have a dimple on one cheek and not the other. It's one of the things that make me: ME!

So little-man J pipes up "when are you gonna get your teeth fixed?" At this point I'm not thinking anything of it because when he was younger he used to say: 'your teeth are so are so far apart, it looks like your tongue is in jail. Yeah... I know, REAL funny guy! He carried on to say 'imagine your smiling face on a big billboard and the size of your big gap. No!' The first thing I thought was 'yay my little boet thinks I'm gonna be famous' and then I thought 'Hey! My gap is not a bad thing!'

Do you have to be perfect to be in the lime light? I don't want to be a model, I just wanna sing. So I thought I might ask you all if you mind seeing this (see picture of 'gap' below) on a billboard somewhere?