Wednesday, May 9, 2007

This afternoon

Met up with 'N' today, from this post. Very nice guy. I decided to take a taxi to town, because lunchtime traffic is PATHETIC and there is NEVER any parking in town at that time of the day.

The taxi ride was cool: some drunk gets on after me and takes one look at me and says "You're a quiet one nah?" Of course I'm quiet, I don't know anyone in the taxi. I nod and he obviously takes that as a sign of me being interested in what he has to say. So he goes into a whole speech about how quiet women are the 'dangerous' ones, because they never say what their up to. I know I shouldn't have encouraged him, but he was kinda funny. Cape humour rocks (esp if you understand Afrikaans)!

Back to the meeting with 'N'. I was a little early, thanks to the taxi drivers 'skillz', so I ordered coffee. 'N' showed up and we hit it off immediately. We spoke about his vision for the band and his LOVE of Tracy Chapman's music. I quite enjoyed talking to him, very chilled guy. I gave him my music and explained 'my journey' as best as I could. After 2 hours and 2 cups of coffee we said our goodbyes and I headed for the taxi. Sadly there were only sober people in that taxi.

Not sure whether he will call me and say 'Yes, you're it', but it would be nice. I have had to stop myself from fantasising about being in a band and actually playing gigs. What about Black Porcelain you may ask? Well... I don't know! Maybe I have to do a bit of 'No Doubt' before I do my own 'Holler back girl' thing. Does that make any kind of sense? Now I have to wait and see if 'N' likes my voice. I think I'm going to be very patient at the end of this journey.

Wish me luck!!