Friday, May 25, 2007

The good, the bad and the FABULOUS!!

Hoooweee!! I wasn't able to do a post (is that grammatically correct?) last night because I was hanging out with Benjy during his show (Rock of Ages) and boy am I glad. So much has happened...

The Good:
Yesterday was 'take a girl child to work day' and we had three young ladies from Crestway High (in Retreat) in the studio with us. Turchia Petersen, Phoebe Sibomana and Silvane Masoka were such a blessing and such a pleasure to have in the studio with us. These 3 young ladies were so sweet and enthusiastic. One gets so caught up in the useless drama and 'ugly bits' of your job that you forget how amazing your job is... Well, that is if you really love what you do. Besides making music there is nowhere else I would rather be (radio is soooo much fun).

Yesterday Benjy had an interview with Paul Rodgers and OH WOW!! What a nice guy. I just sat in the studio with a big smile on my face. He kept breaking into song during the interview. What a voice! What a nice way to end a Thursday night. I got home just before midnight (I left just before the show ended).

The Bad:
Okay... I try very hard to be positive and not let the bullsh&$ get to me, but... I was checking out ybf and bossip (because I needed to fill my entertainment quota for the day) earlier today and I saw this (Rihanna in US weekly). I am really disappointed. I didn't even see this one coming! Dammit Rihanna! I thought she was a little smarter than that. I am NOT condemming her for wanting to 'be better'. No, not at all. I'm sad that she is doing it the way she is. She is not even 20 so i guess we can look forward to 12 year olds following in her foot steps. Nuff said!

The FABULOUS:
We interviewed Lebo Mashile today. What a way to start the weekend. The woman is so lovely and she has a lot to say as well and I LOVE that!! I asked her whether why she thought there were so many young, successful women who were single (does she think that African men have evolved). She said that a lot of successful women make such poor choices in their relationships. Perhaps that is what God wants: for young successful women to be 'alone' so that they are able to grow within in themselves and better themselves. Those weren't her exact words, but that is basically what she said. Now why have I never looked at it that way?

FABULOUS!! FABULOUS-NESS!! I love it!