Sunday, June 22, 2008

EP Diary - the recordings

The reason I have been so quiet is because I have been hard at work. The EP (Green)is coming along WONDERFULLY! I am so proud of the work that C.B and I have done. This has literally been a 2 man show and we've both done so well. 3 of the songs on the EP will be written by me and the other 2 by my dearest producer C.B.

It wasn't more than 3 years ago that I couldn't play an instrument, write a song or read music. And now I'm playing the piano, teaching myself to play the guitar (I will attend lessons next year when I'm comfortable enough), reading and writing music and writing my own songs. I have truly come a long way and intend to keep going further.

Firstly: we finished up the Teacup song last week and it is sounding amazing. I noticed how free I was this time around. The first time around I felt so uncomfortable and scared. Even when I was doing my demo, I always felt like the mic was judging me. Which was ridiculous because all (unfair) judgement was coming from me and no one else. This time around I was not feeling judged or scared, i just had a good time.

On Friday we recorded the second song at a REAL studio with a REAL grand piano at Cape Town Sound's studios. They recently moved from Landsdowne to Woodstock. Nice stuff!! C.B played the piano so beautifully and I sang my little heart out. Now all we need to do is add some strings on that one and we are ready for mastering- YAY!!!

Today we worked on Lovelies, we will record it tomorrow afternoon and then we will have 2 more vocals tracks to lay down. I am extremely excited, as you can tell. Renee sent me the final pics on Thursday and I really like them. She is a GENIUS LOL! The sleeve is being designed soon. There is still much to do dear hearts...