Friday, June 27, 2008

I give up

Okay... Not really! But I have decided to be kinder to myself. I feel like I have to remind myself to slow down once very 4 months. That's why I'm so grateful that I have people like Marcee and Bridget in my life.

I stayed in bed ALL DAY today. Well I didn't really stay in bed. I first had to go to work and do an interview for my show. Which was very interesting! I will tell you about that just now. Then I came home and lay in bed because I wasn't feeling well physically. While I was lying in bed I suddenly thought: all the things that are stressing me out REALLY DON'T MATTER! None of the deadlines, arguments, to-do lists... None of it really matters.

Don't get me wrong. I have to make a living like the next person, but some of the other things can be postponed. I struggle with that word... Postpone. It doesn't even sound right. But I have decided to postpone some things. I have decided to finish up work on the EP in the next 3 days and postpone sending in the first draft of manuscript to my editor. I listened to my entire Stephen Marley CD and suddenly everything was okay again. Had an afternoon nap and woke up a NEW woman.

I am now sitting here with a glass of red wine with a big smile on my face. I'm BACK!!!!!