Thursday, June 26, 2008

Feeling a little fragile

Woke up this morning feeling a little fragile (physically and emotionally). So I put together a playlist to perk me up:

  1. Corrine Bailey Rae- Call me when you get this
  2. Kanye West - Everything I am
  3. Common - The people
  4. Nina Simone - Baltimore
  5. John Mayer - Clarity
  6. Lupe Fiasco - Go baby
  7. N.E.R.D - Don;t worry about it
  8. Alicia Keys - Superwoman
  9. Common - It's your world
  10. Coldplay - Fix you
  11. Talib Kweli - Oh my stars
  12. Aerosmith - Jaded
  13. Dinah Washington - Mad about the boy
  14. Oleta Adams - New York state od mind
  15. Marvin Gaye - What's going on

I think I may have been a little unkind to my body, so I'm gonna TRY and take it easy today. I'm just chasing so many deadlines. Which wouldn't be a problem if I could just shake being an over-achiever. I'm not sure why there are still traces of this terrible illness in me. Sometimes when i think I've beat it, I find myself woking on a new song, while finishing off a chapter of my book, constructing and email and contemplating answering my phone (which would have been ringing non-stop for half an hour).

I woke up 36 minutes ago and I'm already thingking about what needs to be done and how much time I have. I think I might need to meditate after I have my oats. I'm terribly anxious this morning and the music is not working as well as it usually does when I'm feeling like this. a part of me knows that some of these deadlines are ridiculous and that I might need to give myself a bit of an extension, but the other part is fighting me. DAMMIT!!!

At the beginning of the year Alan Knott-Craig, the MD of iBurst wrote an email to his staff. You can have a look at it here. The words below struck a chord with me:

"The nice stuff makes me feel good, and the challenges remind me why we can beat the competition. Most importantly I'm looking forward to having fun and making memories."

This months has been filled with more deadlines, than stopping and enjoying life. Maybe that's why I'm feeling so fragile. I'm off to meditate for half an hour and hopefully I will feel a little better.